Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Chocolate Syrup Anyone?

The other morning my kids woke up and I set them up in front of the TV with a cup of dry cereal and went back to bed, (yes, I know, I win for mother of the year). Being pregnant I am extra tired I don't care if it's an excuse. So I go back to bed. I wake up a little while later and the house is eerily quiet. Any mom knows quiet is NOT a good thing. Quiet means there is trouble. So I drag my tired body out of bed to see what my little angels could possibly be doing. I walk silently into the kitchen and that's when I see it.

My children have worked together like a team, they are getting along fabulously, they were quite ingenious really. They have taken 2 plastic bowls, poured cereal into each, moved the stool around to the counter where the chocolate syrup (that I bought for the 1st time the day before) is still sitting. Carter has opened the brand new syrup bottle (he tells me he used a sharp knife to cut the plastic, but he didn't cut himself he proudly states) and proceeded to dump almost the entire contents into these 2 small bowls of cereal. Not only that, but now they are eating these lovely bowls of chocolate filled cereal with spoons that they took out of the drawer.

The looks they give me are priceless. They are mixed with fear (mom will be mad) independence (look what we did all by ourselves) and sheer happiness (chocolate in the morning, doesn't get much better than that). I can't help but laugh as I scold them for eating chocolate in the morning. I pour out their delicious concoction and tell them that I am proud that they worked together. I will take what I can get.

No comments: