Tuesday, February 27, 2007

What do you want for your birthday?

All Carter's friends started getting 2 wheel bikes around their 3rd birthday, but Carter didn't seem that interested. I really wanted to wait until he asked for one. I wanted him to really want one so that it would feel that much more special. So last year when he turned 4 I asked if he wanted a bike for his birthday. No, was his response. Okay that's fine. This year for Christmas I asked if he wanted a bike. No, was his response again. Whatever, he's not ready, I thought. Well now he's turning 5, so he MUST want a bike, right? I asked him the other night over dinner if he wanted a bike for his birthday. His response, "Why do you keep asking me that? I DON'T want a bike for Christmas, I DON'T WANT a bike for my birthday. I DON'T want a bike." Jeez, fine, I was just asking. I then turned to Ava, who is turning 3, and asked "What do you want for your birthday?" "A bike," she said.

Hey, do think if I start asking now if he wants a car the same thing will happen?

No comments: